How Nexus will Break the Cycle of Sexual Abuse and Abusive Relationships
Today, Friday 31st March, Nexus launches its new three-year strategy and refreshed branding. The strategy overviews how Nexus plans to Break the Cycle of Sexual Abuse and Abusive Relationships.
Joanne Barnes, Nexus CEO, said:
“I joined Nexus in January 2022 and since then, my team and I have conducted an organisational review and have been working hard on planning for the 2023 – 2026 Organisational Strategy, whilst continuing to support individuals impacted by sexual abuse and abusive relationships through our counselling, early intervention and prevention and engagement work.
“This new strategy represents a fresh look at how we plan to achieve our Vision of a society free from sexual abuse and abusive relationships and how we implement our mission of enabling positive change for those impacted by sexual abuse and abusive relationships through supporting, informing, and influencing society.”
Nexus’ refreshed branding includes an adaption of the colours and more rounded font giving a more welcoming feel. The three different sizes of butterflies represent the variety of people Nexus helps on a daily basis, and the new strapline ‘Breaking the Cycle of Sexual Abuse & Abusive Relationships’ encompasses more fully what it delivers as an organisation.
“We are excited to put this new strategy into action whilst living our values of Empowerment, Inclusion, Dignity, Integrity, Advocacy and Collaboration. Our Strategic Outcomes will guide our work going forward, these are:
- Empower Recover – Support and empower individuals impacted by sexual abuse and abusive relationships to recover and thrive.
- Influence Society – Challenge attitudes, beliefs and behaviours to enhance society’s understanding of sexual abuse and abusive relationships.
- Inform Policy and Practice – Use lived experience, professional expertise and research to improve the development of relevant policy, practice and service commissioning.
- Break the Cycle – Stimulate debate so our society becomes more informed and confident in speaking out and challenging sexual abuse and abusive relationships.
- Be Fit for Purpose – Develop an effective and strong organisation.
You can read more about our 23/26 Strategy here.