Responsible To: Helpline Coordinator
Hours: 24 hour helpline with various shift patterns available
– £14.00 per hour
– 3.5% of your hourly rate
– Paid to staff working hours between 9pm to 7am Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday & Sunday
Job Role & Purpose
The 24- Hour Domestic and Sexual Violence Helpline is funded by the Departments or Health, Justice & Communities and aims to offer support, help, signposting and referral to victims, family, friends and professionals.
The operator will be responsible for giving support, signposting enquiries, taking referrals, making risk assessments, distributing information and all associated administration processes. The Helpline contact will be via phone, webchat, email. The operator will be expected to work within Nexus NI policies and uphold the values and ethos of Nexus NI.
– Provide a supportive, calm and professional interaction with everyone accessing the Helpline via various communication channels
– Distribute information and make referrals
– Complete all administration that is associated with the service, such as recording data from each call received, outcomes and monitoring information
– Ensure that all calls are followed up with an appropriate call back and onward referral
– Ensure that all callers receive an appropriate level of assessment to ensure they are referred to the right service and risk concerns are safety addressed.
– Distribute publicity materials and promote the service to partner agencies across Northern Ireland
– Contribute to improving the information held by Helpline and help develop further referral mechanisms with other agencies and organisations
– Ensure that all safeguarding procedures are followed and to ensure that a full follow up is provided
– Ensure that the service is fully accountable to its service users through the administration of a structured feedback programme
– Have full regard to the policies and procedures of Nexus NI
– Undertake and fully participate in 1-1 supervision, line management and other developmental opportunities in accordance with the ethos of Nexus NI.
– Any other tasks specified by Nexus NI
For further information and to apply, please see the downloadable documents below.