Responsible To: Team Lead
Hours: 12 hours per week (6 month contract with possible extension)
£12.12 per hour
Pension: Standard auto enrolment pension scheme
*To apply for this role, please send fully completed Application Form and Monitoring Form to email@example.com – applications made without completed Monitoring Form will not be accepted.*
Appointment to this post will be subject to Access NI clearance.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
To work with clients who have completed counselling with Nexus NI:
– Assist in development of local Nexus client forums by supporting former clients to join the forums, set the agenda and take leadership roles within the forums.
– Coordinating and facilitating group work for the client forums and ensuring that resources are in place organising venues and coordinating resources.
– To facilitate clients in further personal development for one year post counselling.
– To source suitable local training, support and opportunities for clients to connect to local communities and support them were required making those connections.
– To raise awareness of Nexus NI working with client forums in local area.
– Support and facilitate communications with clients and wider communication in a safe and risk free environment.
– To assist in development of training for professionals in co-operation with client groups.
– To assist in the evaluation, development and delivery of personal development courses.
– To facilitate support to clients while maintaining boundaries, managing risk and facilitate development of clients own support networks.
– To work as part of the team at Nexus NI.
– To represent and consult with voluntary, community and statutory sectors within local area.
– To assist in the evaluation of the project and contribute to reporting.
– To keep clear records of activities and expenses.
– Work within Nexus NI policies, procedures and standards.
– Maintain professional practice standards in line with Nexus NI principles and core standards
– Comply with other relevant policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety Policy.
– Contribute to the development of best practice and service development, taking a lead role as required.
– Undertake responsibilities in directly supporting the work of others in delivering all the services of the team.
For further information and to apply, please see the downloadable documents below.