Nexus Associate Trainer
Job title: Nexus Associate Trainer
Location: NI wide
Hours: Self Employed – Ad hoc bases
Salary: £50 per session with mileage at 45p a mile
Responsible to: Training & Education Manager
Purpose of the Role:
To deliver Educational Workshops within Nexus ensuring the delivery of project targets. This will involve delivering tailored education and awareness workshops on sexual violence and abuse, online abuse and grooming, including preventative and coping strategies, confidence building and self-esteem, sexual health, body image and personal development.
Duties will include:
- Support the Training & Education manager in delivery of education sessions to relevant agencies to meet project targets
- Ensure Educational Workshops are delivered to a high standard and all necessary paperwork/data completed and returned to Nexus e.g. attendance sheets, evaluations etc.
- Updating Nexus information systems with relevant education project data
- Monitoring attendance at sessions, collating evaluations and preparing information and statistics
- Support the Training & Education Manager to raise awareness of Nexus’s work and the work of the Nexus Training & Education Team to external partners and Nexus supporters' team
- Ensuring effective practice and delivery of project services are maintained
- In line with Nexus’s safeguarding policy, maintain active engagement on all safeguarding matters so that issues are dealt with in the interest of the child, in a compliant and professional manner, with appropriate escalation to and involvement of, senior management and external agencies
- Any other duties requested by Line Manager
- A relevant third level qualification
- 3 years' experience working with young people in a group setting
- 1 years’ experience of working with Sexual Trauma
- Effective communication and presentation skills including oral, written and report writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to an intermediate level
- Applications must be willing to travel and have access to a form of transportation
- 2 years of experience working with Sexual Trauma in a professional capacity
- Training qualification
- Experienced in facilitating groups
- Experience working in the voluntary sector.
- Experience in development work
- Demonstrate excellent administration and organisational skills
- Demonstrate excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organised, proactive and flexible
- Works well under pressure
- Clear, strong communicator
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have a clear understanding and confidence of required software and presentation for online delivery
Application by Nexus NI application form only.
The successful candidates will be required to give a short presentation. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email, confirming the date and time and subject for presentation.