Nexus Volunteers help us change lives affected by sexual violence and we are very grateful. Their contribution of time, skills, experience and passion help develop the Nexus services and break the silence.
We have several volunteer roles
- Collection Can Management
- Awareness Ambassador
- Fundraising Ambassador
- Volunteer Photographer
- Data entry / IT
- Education/ Research
If you would like to volunteer with Nexus or have a volunteering idea then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Helpline Operators
The 24 Hour Domestic and Sexual Abuse Helpline is funded by the Departments of Health, Justice & Communities and aims to offer support, help, signposting and referral to victims, family, friends and professionals.
Operators are responsible for giving support, signposting enquiries, taking referrals, making risk assessments, distributing information and all associated administration processes. Volunteers are expected to work within Nexus NI policies and uphold the values and ethos of Nexus NI.
Currently we are not recruiting for Volunteer Helpline Operators but we review the need for helpline volunteers on a regular basis and when the need arises we advertise the vacancies.
||All regional offices
||The successful applicants will be required to have the following experience, qualifications and skills
- Completion of a Level 4 or higher diploma in counselling course (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 100 hours of supervised counselling practice
- The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of counselling skills, theory and application
- Basic knowledge of issues relating to sexual abuse
- Basic knowledge of mental health issues
- An ability to recognise and appropriately deal with risk
- Membership (or student membership) or BACP, NCS or ICAP
- Previous experience of working with survivors of sexual abuse
- Have engaged in personal therapy
- To provide one to one counselling sessions for Nexus NI
- To keep records of all client work and attendance at supervision
- To adhere to the code of ethics of the BACP or equivalent.
- To actively pursue personal development and growth as a counsellor
- To have knowledge of and adhere to Nexus NI policies, procedures and practise
Terms & conditions
- Accountable to the Operations Manager & Clinical Manager
- Clinical supervision will be provided by Nexus NI as required
- Travel expenses will be payable
- Notice period of one month on either side required.
- Attendance at a formal induction and ongoing training will be required.
- Application by a Nexus NI application form only. Monitoring form must be returned to the monitoring officer by post.
- After short-listing suitable volunteer counselling will be invited for interview which will include a role play.
- At least 2 references will be obtained.
- Any appointment will be subject to an acceptable Access NI Enhanced Check.
Nexus NI is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Application form July 2016 volunteer counsellor job application
HRF13 – DISCLOSURE OF CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS (STAFF)
HRF01 – Monitoring Form updated may 13