|Due to the success of our Co-Nexion project Nexus NI are looking for 2 part time Facilitators to support clients who have completed counselling. The Co-Nexion project supports clients to rediscover strengths, connect with others, improve confidence and promote emotional health and wellbeing.
Job title: Facilitator x 2 posts
Location: Enniskillen & Belfast (outreach worker)
Hours: 9 hours per week
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Pension: Standard auto enrolment pension scheme
Appointment to this post will be subject to Access NI clearance.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: Team Leader
Responsible For: Facilitation of client development and support post counselling.
Budget Responsibilities: Managing client individual training budgets and travel expenses
- 2 years experience facilitating groups
- 2 years experience working with vulnerable adults
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the local voluntary sector
- Good knowledge of IT and social media
- Relevant qualifications and/or recent training
- Awareness of sexual trauma
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
To work with clients who have completed counselling with Nexus NI
- Assist in development of local Nexus client forums by supporting former clients to join the forums, set the agenda and take leadership roles within the forums.
- Coordinating and facilitating group work for the client forums and ensuring that resources are in place organising venues and coordinating resources.
- To facilitate clients in further personal development for one year post counselling
- To source suitable local training, support and opportunities for clients to connect to local communities and support them were required making those connections.
- To raise awareness of Nexus NI working with client forums in local area.
- Support and facilitate communications with clients and wider communication in a safe and risk free environment.
- To assist in development of training for professionals in co-operation with client groups
- To assist in the evaluation, development and delivery of personal development courses.
- To facilitate support to clients while maintaining boundaries, managing risk and facilitate development of clients own support networks.
- To work as part of the team at Nexus NI
- To represent and consult with voluntary, community and statutory sectors within local area.
- To assist in the evaluation of the project and contribute to reporting.
To keep clear records of activities and expenses
- Work within Nexus NI policies, procedures and standards
- Maintain professional practice standards in line with Nexus NI principles and core standards
Comply with other relevant policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety Policy
- Contribute to the development of best practice and service development, taking a lead role as required
- Undertake responsibilities in directly supporting the work of others in delivering all the services of the team
- To maintain an awareness of own and other’s health and safety and comply with Nexus NI Health and Safety procedures
- To comply with Nexus NI Diversity and Equality policies and practices
- To comply with all relevant Nexus NI child and vulnerable adult safeguarding policies
- To maintain and develop competence in the use of IT systems
- Hours of work flexible depending on need
This document provides an outline of current duties of the post-it is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Its contents will be subject to review and other duties may be required that are commensurate with the grade and nature of the post.
Nexus NI is committed to achieving equal opportunities in employment. All employees are expected to observe this policy in their behaviour at all times.
Application by Nexus NI application form only.
Closing date Wednesday 31st October 2018 @ 12 midnight
Application to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, uploaded at nexusni.org or posted to
HR, Nexus NI, 119 University Street, Belfast, BT7 1HP
Facilitator posts Oct 18 Application Form
HRF01 – Monitoring Form updated may 13