Would you like to get move involved in supporting our work? We’re looking for Friends of Nexus to come together and help us raise the funds we need and act as our charity champions, spreading the word about our work in your community.
Would you like to form or join a Nexus Community Fundraising group in your area?
We have a new group in the Belfast area and would love to hear from committed ‘Friends’ who would like to become actively involved. We’re also currently looking to establish new groups in Derry/Londonderry and Enniskillen, as well as other towns across Northern Ireland.
What’s involved in being part of a Community Fundraising group?
You need to have some free time to commit, be passionate about the work we do and want to help us do it. Our groups are informal but will agree and structure and time commitment that suits all members. Being part of a Nexus Community Fundraising group involves:
- Being committed to our break the silence pledge and supporting our work in an appropriate way
- Helping to organise a number of local events with your fellow group members during the year e.g. quiz night; coffee morning; night at the races; street collection, bag pack
- Representing Nexus and receiving donations on our behalf
- Placing our collection cans in local shops and keeping us updated on any local fundraising & awareness-raising opportunities
- Helping to promote our fundraising initiatives and awareness campaigns in your area e.g. sexual violence awareness week
What are the benefits of being involved?
Being part of a local Community Fundraising group will give you the opportunity to meet new people; share new experiences; have fun; learn new skills; get experience in the voluntary sector and strengthen your CV. You will also play a very important role in raising the profile of Nexus and helping to fund and grow our much needed services.
How will the group be supported?
- You’ll receive lots of advice and support from our dedicated Community Fundraising Lead and Volunteer Coordinator
- Fundraising advice and support with planning and promotion of activities
- Practical advice on legal requirements and good practice
- Access to resources e.g. collection cans, buckets, t-shirts, leaflets, pull-up stands
- Profile of the group in our Friends of Nexus e-zine and other channels
- Invitations to training days and social / celebratory / recognition events
If you’re interested in joining or helping to set up a new group in your area, or would like to be kept informed about future information sessions please email email@example.com or call Karen on 07738983590.
Breaking the silence on sexual violence is a monumental task and we can’t do it alone. We need the help of our Friends of Nexus who give up their spare time to help raise the funds and awareness needed.