FREE Online Safety and Abuse Awareness Workshops
For the attention of Pastoral Care Teachers:
Nexus NI have secured funding in the Fermanagh and Omagh area up to February 2020 (excluding July/August) with much thanks to the The ARN Foundation to deliver FREE Online Safety and Abuse Awareness Workshops.
The aim of the workshops are to provide young people with increased awareness regarding the internet and increased knowledge of abuse and ways to limit their risk of being affected by it. Each pupil would also have increased knowledge of the support available for themselves or someone they know who is affected by abuse.
The Online Safety Workshops:
- These workshops are ready to be booked in now and are offered to class and groupings (minimum of 6 to 30 maximum approximately dependent on class sizes)
- Offered to ALL year groups post primary
- Also available for use by parents/guardians, teachers and staff within schools, community and youth groups
- Use of interactive and engaging sessions to maintain students interest
- Benefits & Pressures of the Internet
- The Grooming Process
- Tactics Predators use online and offline
- Keeping Safe
- Organisations who provide advice and support
For the delivery of workshops we require a projection screen, sound (for videos), access to laptop and the name of the Designated Child Protection Officer.
If you are interested in the project please do not hesitate in contacting Emalyn by email or by phone on 07746654188.