Details:Name Kristina Dyer Phone 028 9032 6803 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sexual Violence Awareness
About this Event
Developed with expertise gained over more than 30 years’ of working directly with survivors of sexual violence, this workshop will explore the nature of rape and sexual violence, specifically relating to adult victims.
Content will include statistics on the prevalence and nature of sexual violence in Northern Ireland, consent, discussion on sexual coercion, harassment and other forms of sexual violence, legislation relating to sexual violence, the impact of sexual violence, intervention and reporting of sexual violence. It will also explore the psychology of offenders, to help participants better understand the need for preventative action as well as intervention.
1. Increase awareness of the nature and scope of sexual violence in Northern Ireland
2. Improve understanding of perpetrators of sexual violence and their motivations
3. Improve understanding of the impact of sexual violence on victims
4. Increase understanding of issues around reporting of sexual violence
5. Increase confidence in supporting survivors of sexual violence
Time: 10am – 5pm (Registration 9:45am)
Venue: 119 University Street
Cost: £60 pp
Tea and coffee will be provided at this event. Lunch will not be provided. Please be aware parking can be difficult, ensure to leave plenty of time to find parking.
If you would like to be kept up to date with future training opportunities, please email email@example.com to register to our mailing list.