Details:Name Kristina Dyer Phone 028 9032 6803 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping Children Safe Online (Parents and Carers)
About this Event
This workshop will suit parents and carers who would like to learn more about the online world, and how to keep their children and young people safer online.
Developed with expertise gained over more than 30 years’ of working directly with survivors of sexual violence online and offline, this interactive workshop will explore the risks associated with online activity, online predators, the grooming process, strategies for prevention and intervention, discussion on popular apps, sources of support and further learning for participants.
1. Increase understanding of risks to young people online
2. Increase knowledge of young people’s online behaviours
3. Explore strategies for protection and prevention of harm online
4. Improve knowledge of the prevalence of online abuse, and the importance of online safeguarding
5. Provide sources of support and continued learning
Time: 6pm – 8pm (Registration 5:45am)
Venue: 119 University Street
Tea and coffee will be provided at this event. Please be aware parking can be difficult, ensure to leave plenty of time to find parking.
If you would like to be kept up to date with future training opportunities, please email email@example.com to register to our mailing list.