Details:Name Kristina Dyer Phone 028 9032 6803 Email email@example.com
Handling Disclosure of Sexual Abuse
About this Event
Developed with expertise gained over more than 30 years’ of working directly with survivors of sexual violence, this workshop will explore the importance of appropriate handling of disclosure of sexual abuse, and the impact sexual violence has on survivors.
The training will allow participants to identify and discuss triggers to disclosure, fear responses, appropriate language to use when talking to victims of sexual violence, and strategies to help prevent or reduce the chance of retraumatisation. It also looks at the legalities and responsibilities of reporting and onward disclosure. Included also is coping with compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma, as well as self-care for participants
1. To increase participants’ awareness of the impact sexual abuse and disclosure can have on survivors
2. To improve participants’ understanding of appropriate handling of disclosure of sexual abuse
3. To increase awareness of the laws and procedures on safeguarding and reporting of abuse
4. To provide information on services and agencies that deal with sexual abuse
5. To empower participants to feel more confident in handling disclosure
Time: 10am – 1pm (Registration 9:45am)
Venue: 119 University Street
Tea and coffee will be provided at this event. Please be aware parking can be difficult, ensure to leave plenty of time to find parking.
If you would like to be kept up to date with future training opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register to our mailing list.