Job: Volunteer Counsellors
|| Volunteer Counsellors
||All regional offices
The successful applicants will be required to have the following experience, qualifications and skills
- Completion of a Level 4 or higher diploma in counselling course (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 100 hours of supervised counselling practice
- The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of counselling skills, theory and application
- Basic knowledge of issues relating to sexual abuse
- Basic knowledge of mental health issues
- An ability to recognise and appropriately deal with risk
- Membrship (or student membership) or BACP, NCS or ICAP
- Previous experience of working with survivors of sexual abuse
- Have engaged in personal therapy
- To provide one to one counselling sessions for Nexus NI
- To keep records of all client work and attendance at supervision
- To adhere to the code of ethics of the BACP or equivalent.
- To actively pursue personal development and growth as a counsellor
- To have knowledge of and adhere to Nexus NI policies, procedures and practise
Terms & conditions
- Accountable to the Operations Manager & Clinical Manager
- Clinical supervision will be provided by Nexus NI as required
- Travel expenses will be payable
- Notice period of one month on either side required.
- Attendance at a formal induction and ongoing training will be required.
- Application by a Nexus NI application form only. Monitoring form must be returned to the monitoring officer by post.
- After short-listing suitable volunteer cousnelling will be invited for interview which will include a role play.
- At least 2 references will be obtained.
- Any appointment will be subject to an acceptable Access NI Enhanced Check.
Nexus NI is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Application form July 2016 volunteer counsellor job application
HRF13 – DISCLOSURE OF CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS (STAFF)
HRF01 – Monitoring Form updated may 13