Job title: Training Lead
Hours: 25 hours per week
Salary: £25,974 Full Time Equivalent (£13.50 per hour)
Pension: Standard auto enrolment pension scheme
Contractual Time: 3 years with possibility of further extension
Responsible to: CEO
Line Manager: Business Services Manager
The Training Lead is a key role for Nexus NI. They will be responsible for developing, delivering and evaluating a series of accredited training programmes to various audiences across all of Northern Ireland.
The Training Lead will be the primary contact at Nexus NI with regard to delivery of any/all training. They will be responsible for the following duties (please note this is not an exhaustive list)
In collaboration with Senior Managers, developing training programmes which are accredited, at different levels, and can be delivered to a variety of audiences.
- Develop appropriate marketing collateral for Nexus NI training and disseminate accordingly
- Develop training section for Nexus NI website
- Ensure all training information and marketing collateral is up to date and informative
- Developing and maintaining a database of parties interested in in training with Nexus
- Meet with other leads quarterly to discuss potential service development ideas
- Oversee design and delivery of an annual calendar of training events for Nexus NI
- Attend events as and when appropriate to information gather, raise awareness or deliver Nexus training.
- Ensure content of all training is updated, evaluated and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Alongside appropriate staff within Nexus, deliver training programs
- Ensuring effective evaluation and monitoring of all training occurs
- Reporting to line manager monthly for support and supervision meetings.
- Communicating with Communications Lead to ensure that information regarding training offer is disseminated appropriately
- Oversee development of training provision as a sustainable income stream for Nexus NI.
Undertake relevant training as requested
- Adhere to Nexus NI policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Nexus NI brand, pledge and break the silence campaign is maintained
The Training Lead must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A recognised training qualification and 3 years’ experience of working in a training delivery role. If no formal qualification, 5 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of developing and delivering accredited training programs.
- Proven organisational skills with practical experience of working with a range of individuals and organisations
- First class communication and interpersonal skills including experience of interacting with people at all levels, and the ability to speak in public.
- High level of experience and competence with IT including all Microsoft packages
- Proven experience of budget management.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative – ability to demonstrate experience of creative planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Hold a full, current driving licence with business insurance, and have access to the use of a car or some other appropriate form of transport to carry out the duties of the post in full.
- Experience of liaison with accreditation bodies
- Experience in developing communication strategies
- Experience of staff management
Nexus NI reserve the right to shortlist using both the desirable and essential criteria. Please return all completed applications for the attention of HR Officer to Nexus NI, 119 University Street, Belfast BT7 1HP or email to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on 16th July 2018.
training lead application form
HRF01 – Monitoring Form updated June 18